Wednesday, November 7, 2012

THANKFULNESS!!!

Sometimes we take lots of things in our lives for granted and it is at times like last week that we realize how good we have it. Superstorm Sandy hit the Northeast last week causing lots of power outages and devastation to some areas in our region. For us, we were very fortunate in the grand scheme. Yes, we lost power for over 118 hours and had no heat or hot water. Yes, I was concerned about the food in our refridgerator and freezer going bad and I worried about keeping my kids, especially my baby daughter, warm during the very cold nights. I frustrated myself every time I went in a room turned on a light switch and nothing happened and I hated boiling water on our gas stove to wash dishes by hand. But, in those moments of frustration I thought about how thankful I was and am for what I do have on a daily basis. As our electicity was restored on Saturday and as I was able to sleep in a warm home that night I continued to be grateful for all the amenities that I have on a regular basis that i often take for granted. For so many in this world...having shelter, electricity, a warm house and clean water (let alone hot water) are luxuries. The luxuries that I think are necessities! Thank you God for all that you have given me and my family and be with those who are in need!

No comments: